We can all agree that Safety and Security in South Africa is something we think about daily. The unsettling crime rate in South Africa has increased with a staggering 349% increase in business robberies over the past 11 years. South Africans have a growing need for both domestic and business safety.
CCTV Cameras date back to the 1940s. Since then, technology has grown and evolved in the security industry to where we are today. But can you still breathe life into your old CCTV camera system and what is the difference between CCTV and IP cameras?
Your CCTV Cameras might be dated and at the exact moment you might need them, they might not be working. Murphy's Law right? There are still a few options to consider to bring your CCTV Cameras back to life. While IP cameras are webcams that transfer information over the internet, CCTV cameras must be connected to a local area network (LAN). One of the most common issues with CCTV Cameras is not being able to access all of your cameras.
If you are unable to access all of your CCTV cameras and you know that they are powered up and working, then the problem could be an IP address conflict.
Troubleshooting your CCTV Camera System
Images and video's too dark
If your security camera video picture is too dark or not clear, you can try and adjust the below to fix it:
Adjust the brightness and contrast settings of the security camera.
- Adjust the security camera to a different position or a different location.
- Slide the adjustable sunshade (if your security camera has one) backward to let in more light.
CCTV Cameras not showing images
Try the following suggested fixes if your CCTV security cameras are not showing images:
Check if your security camera power supply is working properly.
- Test your security camera on a different DVR/NVR port.
- Swap the input cables to see if it makes a difference.
- Confirm if the video formats that your security cameras and DVRs/NVRs support are compatible.
Unclear CCTV footage
If you have blurry or unclear images from your CCTV cameras, there might be several causes. A dirty lens, wiring,
or a damaged lens.
- Clean your lens with a soft cloth to remove all dirt, spider webs, fingerprints, and dust. If this does not fix the image, we go to the next step
- Your wiring might be faulty - call your security company to come and take a professional look at your wiring - if the CCTV system is old, new wiring might be required.
- The lens might be damaged - This is also a job for your security company. They have qualified staff to assess the problem and inform you of a damaged lens.
New vision security has a wide variety of products available to tailor to every client’s specific needs. We want to ensure that every house and every business is safe and secure. With the latest in technology, the new IP Cameras -New Vision Security is here to support you every step of the way. Easy installation and free quotations are amongst the smaller things we do to make life a little easier. Life without the backing of a private security company like New Vision Security has become inconceivable.
Phone New Vision Security today for a hassle-free quotation.
New Vision Security - always there for you